Holden VE Series 2 IQ Apple Carplay / Android Auto
or 4 payments of $137.50 with Afterpay
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for Holden Series 2 or IQ Converted Series 1 VE Commodore Models
Benefits of installing this kit.
- Full control of your iPhone/Android via your FACTORY touch screen
- Use apps like Google Maps, Waze, Spotify etc
- No wiring required on Plug and Play Kits, 100% plug and play using our modules and supplied harnesses.
Just some of the features shown include:
- Apple Carplay connection via USB or Wireless
- Android Auto connection via USB only
- Navigation via Google Maps, Waze etc
- High Definition Quality
- Full touchscreen integration
- Music Streaming via Spotify etc
- Messages and Phone calls on screen
What’s Included in the Kit?
- Carplay/Android Auto Interface Box
- Touchscreen Switching Module (Plug and Play kits to be fitted at our shop, please read the section below with more information)
- Plug and Play wiring Looms (Excluding DIY Kits)
- RCA Cables, USB, Microphone etc
- Programming of the Head unit to accept the new upgrade
- Picture Installation guide via email
Is my vehicle suitable for this upgrade?
- Must have Series 2 VE IQ system Installed
- If Roof Mount DVD system installed please contact for further information.
Touchscreen Switching Module
This module is fitted to the rear of the Radio Facia/Screen, It is only installed at our shop on Plug and Play Kits, We have a few different options below in order to install this.
- The DIY kit (EXTREMELY ADVANCED INSTALLERS ONLY!).
This requires you to install the touchscreen switcher module. This requires disassembling your factory radio face plate/screen and soldering to the PCB circuit board and also running delicate ribbons. This is a very advanced install and is not recommended for anyone that does not have experience with electronics.
- You can either supply us with your current or a replacement radio facia of same type to have it fitted so we can send it back with the upgrade kit.
- We can supply a Changeover radio facia, this will be of same style to your current facia, these are secondhand facia’s that are tested and cleaned, they may have minor marks being secondhand, volume and tune knobs are not supplied, you are to use your original ones. This option has a core deposit attached and will be in the options below, Facia’s returned that are visually or physically damaged will not receive the core deposit refund.
- We can supply a Brand New radio facia, this will be of same style to your current facia, Volume and tune knobs are not supplied, you are to use your original ones. This option is an outright purchase and you do not need to send us a facia back.
These options are available in the drop down selections below, Do Not select a different style facia from your current facia design as it will not fit your vehicle.
Included in the price of the kit is for the headunit to be programmed, The head unit requires programming to accept the module to work with the head unit to display the picture on the screen.
- Option 1 is to send your Head unit box in when you send your facia in to be programmed at the same time.
- Option 2 is to supply a Flashbox to program the headunit in vehicle, this is handy if you purchase the changeover or outright facia options, there is a $100 Core deposit on the flashbox which is refunded once the Flashbox is received by us.
- Option 3 is for the Chevrolet PPV owners purchase an Outright radio box that is also fully programmed with features all unlocked.
This upgrade is available for purchase, Depending on options selected and if you are supplying items will depend on shipment time.
Don’t forget changeover items and Flashbox extra costs are core deposits and are refunded once returned. (T&C’s Apply)
1) The Plug and Play kit.
This includes us installing the touchscreen switcher module to your factory series2 IQ face plate, the rest of the kit is plug and play (No soldering required)!
For plug and play kit, please view this guide: Click HERE for PDF guide!
2) The DIY Kit (Advanced Installers Only!).
This kit is quite complex, requiring you to install the touchscreen switcher module to your factory series2 IQ face plate, this involves disassembling the face, soldering to a PCB circuit board and running delicate ribbons.
For DIY kit, please view this guide: Click HERE for PDF DIY guide
Frequently Asked Questions
How hard is installation? (Plug and Play is Easy, but DIY is Difficult!)
There are two kits that can be selected:
1) The plug and play kit which includes us performing the touchscreen switcher module installation onto your face plate or one supplied by us. After this has been done, the rest of the kit is completely plug and play.
2) The DIY kit which requires you to install the touchscreen switcher module install onto your own faceplate. This is extremely advanced install, requiring disassembling your radio faceplate, soldering to the circuit board and running delicate ribbon cables. DIY kits are not recommended for self installation and should be completed by a competent auto electrician.
For more information, send us a message!
Is there any factory radio parts that DON’T work with the kit? (Yes, read below)
Your steering wheel controls for skipping songs while using the carplay/android auto system does not work. We are working on an addon solution for this but do not have any ETA on its arrival. Your steering controls for skipping still work for all other parts of the radio including bluetooth and AM/FM radio, only the new carplay/android auto does not work with them.
Your steering wheel controls for volume still work correctly.
Does my Aircon still work? (Yes but not displayed, read below)
Yes your aircon still works and so does all other factory radio capabilities.
You cannot see what your aircon is set to when in the carplay/android auto screen. You can easily see your aircon though by tapping the TUNE button, pressing the screen to minimise carplay and then view/change your aircon as desired. Finally press the screen again to maximise carplay/android auto and press TUNE button again to engage the touch capability.
Any known bugs or problems? (Yes, only one, read below)
If you have a factory reverse camera, the carplay screen will ‘minimise’ when you put the vehicle into reverse and then back into drive. To bring it back to fullscreen, the user will need to press the TUNE button, tap the screen to maximise the carplay/android auto screen and then TUNE button again to engage to carplay touch control.
The factory RSE programming in the radios (Which is the video input that our kits use) is what causes the carplay screen to minimise when putting the vehicle into reverse. For customers with factory reverse camera, we recommend plugging your phone in, reversing out of your parking spot and then maximising the carplay/android auto screen and finally tapping the tune button, this process takes only a couple seconds to do.
1 in stock (can be backordered)